The CloudFormation template in the Prerequisite
section created a temporary database in RDS with TPC data. In this exercise, you will create a Glue Connection to connect to that RDS database.
- Click on the Connections option on the left and then click on Add connection button.
- In this section, you will provide connection details. Enter mysql-connector as the Connection Name, select Amazon RDS from the Connection type and MySQL as the Database engine, and click Next.
- You should be able to see tpc-database under instance, this is the RDS instance which was created by AWS CloudFormation template. When you select that database, Database name and Username fields will be populated automatically. Enter the database user password (default: BigData26!) in the Password field, and click Next.
- Next window will show all connection information that you provided, verify that information, and click Finish.
- Verify the newly created connection from the connection list, select that connect using the checkbox and click on Test connection to check the connection.
- Select IAM role LF-GlueServiceRole from the dropdown and click Test connection.
- If the connection is successful, a success message should be displayed. Proceed to the next chapter.
- In the next section, you will use this connection to create a JDBC crawler to discover schema in the TPC database.